This Researching to Deepen Understanding Grades 11-12: Design and Food unit also includes:
How could Beethoven compose such beautiful symphonies if he was deaf? Why do bees pollinate some flowers and skip the others? Teach high schoolers how to research a topic of interest to deepen their knowledge and gain new understanding. They review learn every step of the research process and end with a summative writing assessment that supports their findings with textual evidence.
- Have your class share their researched findings by producing a visual aid and having a gallery walk
- To monitor your pupils, create a Google form for your class to individually show where they are in the writing process
- Have a location or resources available for individuals to investigate their topics of interest
- The eighth part of a 10-part series
- Teacher research unit guide concisely communicates skills of focus per lesson
- Instructional notes are extremely detailed and provide clear guidelines throughout the unit