Let's get to the point. The final lesson in this persuasive writing series helps learners revise their essays by clarifying how supporting details prove their theses. This activity would best be completed in pairs, allowing peer feedback to guide the revision process. Consider providing a list of questions for young writers to think about when they reread and revise their writing.
- If you aren't logged in to Learnzillion, you will be prompted to create a free account to access all materials for this resource
- Video clearly models the revision process with examples
- Includes common mistakes to avoid when writing persuasively
- Lesson is adaptable to Common Core writing standards across the upper elementary grade levels
- Teacher needs to supplement instruction on using linking words and phrases to clarify writing