This Road Rage—Movement with Functions lesson plan also includes:
Caution: there is a crash at the intersection. Groups race remote control cars to gather information about distance traveled over set time periods. Using the collected data, teams determine the speed of their cars by finding the slope of the best fit line. Then, teams pair up to create two equations from different starting points to find out when the two cars will crash in the final instructional activity in a unit of three.
- Review finding an equation of a line of best fit by using a graph
- Requires remote control cars and stop watches
- Pupils should be familiar with systems of linear equations
- Provides suggestions for assessment and extension
- Includes options if you cannot provide remote control cars