This Road Trip! lesson plan also includes:
And we're on the road to learning! An engaging lesson asks learners to apply three different algorithms to calculate the shortest route for a road trip. Using the cost of gas as a motivator, scholars determine the best way to save money while on their trip.
- Use the Best Route Activity as an assessment following the other activities
- Introduce the idea of factorial by having pupils create a table of consecutive factorial values
- Consider providing colored pencils to trace different routes
- Provides worked-out keys for student worksheets
- Includes illustrations and diagrams to add clarity to the problem