This Rocks HD app also includes:
- Graphics & Images
- Join to access all included materials
Digging up a more valuable geology app than this one would be hard to do! This app introduces junior geologists to rocks, minerals, soil, and fossils with informational text, photographs, and videos. Check it out, but don't take it for granite!
From the home screen choose from four topics:
Also find an information bar across the bottom that gives an overview of how the four geology topics are connected.
When a topic is tapped:
- Enter an interactive slide show
- Images have glowing spots on them that reveal detailed information when tapped
- Swipe left to proceed through the slides
- Two arrows at the top of the screen
- Left Arrow: Home or sound Settings
- Right Arrow: Text, additional Photos, and Video selections
How techie do I need to be?
This visually stimulating application provides stunning photos and engaging videos that you can incorporate into your lessons on rocks, minerals, soil, or fossils. You will be pleased at the scope of material contained in this handy application.
Although not important, know that players are greeted with a message containing the word "learnt" as they enter any Quiz feature.
For Quiz questions not answered correctly, a confused yellow face appears, scratching its head. Players will need to choose a new answer until they select the right one. For Quiz questions answered correctly, a gold coin is earned and a smiling face appears, along with audible applause. Players will need to tap an arrow beneath the icon to proceed to the next question. The next of three successive levels is unlocked after five questions. The player's score out of the total of 15 is displayed at the end of the series.
- Assess learning with Bloom's taxonomy quiz questions
- Various modes of presentation
- Comprehensive subject coverage
- Full-size interactive diagrams and photographs
- High-definition pictures
- Not intuitive
- Few interactive tasks
- Photographs within the topic screens are a little small