Introduce viewers to the five "I"'s of Romanticism—imagination, intuition, idealism, inspiration, and individuality—with a colorful presentation that details the concepts of the American Romantic movement and features American poets, novelists, and short story writers.
- Use the presentation to launch a study of the Romantic Movement in language arts
- Divide the class into groups, assign each a different writer to investigate, and have the groups prepare a presentation of their findings
- First three slides establish the historical context
- While the title references transcendentalism and gothic literature, the presentation focuses only on American Romantic writers
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Presents Natty Bumppo as the model of the American Romantic hero