This Round it Up or Down activity & project also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Here is a quick and easy practice activity that kids will find amusing and fun. They are given a set of purple and pink ice cream cones. They must match the numbers on each cone to the ice cream scoop indicating the correct rounded number. A practice sheet is also included for learners to complete on their own. The activity would be a great way to assess understanding, review the concept, or to provide additional practice in a fun way. Note: You can also do this on an overhead with the whole class.
- Will appeal to children
- Addresses rounding and base ten operations
- Can be completed as a group and/or individually
- Can be used as a review or assessment
- Could be set up at a learning station