This Scaling Away lesson plan also includes:
Help your class prevail when learning about scale! Introduce scale factors through a mixture of observation and calculation with an engaging instructional activity. Scholars examine scale models, create a hypothesis about scale factors, then measure the dimensions of their object to relate surface area to the ratio.
- Include scale models of landmarks, such as the Eiffel Tower, and have learners determine the ratio
- Have class members compare their conclusion statements and create a new statement from the best parts of each one
- Pupils must be capable of computing both surface area and volume calculations before beginning the activity
- The use of scale model toys makes for a great hook
- Incorporates a lot of real-world knowledge and scenarios
- The second activity's link does not provide access to the interactive