This School Segregation lesson plan also includes:
Young historians explore monumental events in the history of school segregation in the United States, such as Brown v. Board of Education and the Little Rock Nine. They conclude with an experiential activity by delivering an argument in favor of desegregation based on a fictional scenario provided in the resource.
- Consider supplementing with one of the many documentary film clips of the Little Rock Nine or the Civil Rights Act, which can be found through a simple online search
- Review persuasive writing techniques when completing the culminating activity, and incorporate rubrics where appropriate
- The presentation is included as a PDF; however, you can easily view the images similar to a PowerPoint presentation by projecting your computer screen
- The resource was originally written for North Carolina schools, but can easily be adapted to other states
- Very detailed and comprehensive instructional guidelines
- Informative presentation, including graphics and slide-by-slide teacher tips