This Security Cameras lesson plan also includes:
Catch them in the act of problem solving! Young scholars become security personnel for the day as they use their geometry skills to determine the best placement for security cameras. Given rooms of different shapes, learners must consider the area of the room to use the right number of cameras.
- Create different room models with varying levels of difficulty to differentiate among the groups
- Invite a security company to speak about its process when installing new systems
- Requires the ability to find the area of triangles and quadrilaterals
- Provides suggestions for reflection questions to incorporate while monitoring groups
- Includes ideas for assessment