This Seedfolks Garden lesson plan also includes:
After reading the book Seedfolks, middle and high schoolers create their own character from the book, and display it on the classroom "garden wall." Along with the character, learners complete a piece of writing that describes the dreams that the character has for his/her garden. The instructions for the Seedfolk character are quite explicit, and should result in some beautiful creations by your pupils.
- A great project to include with other Seedfolks lesson plans as part of a novel study
- Create a digital "garden wall", allowing learners to post pictures of their characters on a classroom website
- Assumes prior experience with the "Anne Painter process"
- Lesson offers ideas for extension activities and suggested next steps
- Project creates interdisciplinary connections between art and English language arts
- A rubric is not provided for evaluating student work