This Seeing the Wood for the Trees: Introduction to Sustainable Forestry lesson plan also includes:
Examine the soundness of the world forest system through an interactive lesson. Learners use satellite images to analyze different forest systems. They study logging methods that maintain the health of the forests and those that deplete them. As a final activity, class members identify tree types within the local area.
- Begin by brainstorming a list of uses for wood
- Have pupils create a list of new vocabulary as they view the videos
- Each group requires a laptop with Internet access as well as materials for making a poster
- Uses videos created by experts to explain concepts
- Incorporates satellite technology, adding interest to the concept