This Seeking Historical Detectives to Discover Who Was John Brown? handout & reference also includes:
Young historians act as detectives in order to examine the characteristics of controversial abolitionist John Brown in the 1850s, working to identify his ultimate mission regarding slavery and the larger impact he had on the Civil War.
230 Views 148 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- This is a fantastic lesson to incorporate during your study of abolitionism, and offers specific historical context regarding the Kansas-Nebraska Act and Bleeding Kansas
- Excellent guiding questions to support the primary source analysis process
- Detailed instructional guidelines
- All worksheets and primary/secondary source materials included
- Link to dramatic representation of John Brown's speech is broken