This Selma to Montgomery March worksheet also includes:
The hard-fought and hard-earned right to vote has many miles of marching in its history. Learn more about the famous Selma to Montgomery march with an informative article about how Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. led thousands to Montgomery—and millions more to the voting booth.
- Pair with a lesson on Martin Luther King, Jr or other prominent leaders of th Civil Rights Movement
- Prompt class members to summarize or paraphrase the article
- Designed for Lexile® level 590; other versions of the reading in additional levels are attached
- Easy to assign for a class with multiple reading levels
- Assessment questions connect directly to Common Core reading standards for informational text