Teach your class all about building a persuasive essay with a colorful presentation. The slides break down each element of writing an essay, from the thesis statement to integrating quotes to using transitions and MLA format.
1 Collection 53 Views 52 Downloads
- Since the presentation is fairly long, split the slides up and use the relevant slides in small groups as you work through each part of an essay draft with your class
- You may not agree that all essays are persuasive, as this presentation asserts
- The presentation uses different font colors with varying success; sometimes the colors are distracting, and sometimes they help to clarify the topic
- While the first slide lists this as a resource for ninth graders, it could be used in other grades as well
- Since the presentation is not specific to a certain assignment, you could adapt it for use for your specific assignment; the examples do all refer to the same story
- Uses plenty of colorful images to add interest