This Shops at the Mall—Shopping Mall Math lesson plan also includes:
What does the ideal shopping mall look like? The second lesson in a two-part series analyzes the percent of different types of stores in a mall. Scholars create their own malls using this criterion and complete scale models according to specifications.
- Incorporate the lesson during a unit on proportions and scale
- Ask pupils to research the stores at the closest mall and compare percentages to those in the activity
- Expects a solid understanding of percents
- Includes student handouts for learners to follow as they complete the activity
- Involves a subject of interest to most youth