This Show Me the Money lesson plan also includes:
There are lots of benefits to getting a job as avteenager—not the least of which is the income! Scholars analyze the amount of money made from offering yard work services in their communities. They graph and interpret the data to better understand linear functions.
- Focus on where the independent versus dependent variables go on a graph and why
- Discuss the current rate in your area for the same type of work and how that might change the graph
- Assumes prior knowledge of graphing points on a coordinate plane, evaluating expressions at specific values, and how to use variables to represent numbers
- Includes ideas for homework assignments
- Explains common misconceptions and how to address them