This Showing Congruence Using Corresponding Parts 1 assessment also includes:
Transform triangles to show congruence. Given two triangles with congruent corresponding parts, pupils describe the rigid transformations that will show the two triangles are congruent, and then determine the sequence of transformations that will move one triangle onto the other.
- Review the properties of rigid transformations
- Have individuals draft a plan before constructing the proof of congruence
- The class needs to know how to describe rigid transformations
- Provides examples of work at four different levels
- Contains instructional suggestions to address misconceptions