This Shrinking Candles, Running Water, Folding Boxes lesson plan also includes:
Candles and flames are too dangerous for math class ... but perfectly fine for an enlightening lesson. Young scholars analyze data to determine the type of function that most closely matches the data. The activities incorporate a wide variety of situations, such as candle heights.
- Use the resource as a culminating project for a unit on regression
- Pupils should have experience with linear, quadratic, polynomial, exponential, and trigonometric functions
- Scholars must be able to plot scatter plots and regression curves
- Includes answers to worksheets
- Provides suggestions for discussion and extension activities