This Similar Triangles and Linear Functions lesson plan also includes:
What do similar triangles have to do with linear equations? Building on prior knowledge of similar triangles, learners discover that the slope of the sides of similar triangles is the same. They make their discoveries while graphing similar triangles on a coordinate plane and performing transformations.
- Ask pupils to create their own examples of similar triangles that have a side with the same slope
- Pupils need graph paper and rulers to complete the activity
- Requires knowledge of similarity and transformations
- Includes a solution guide with worked-out solutions
- Connects the image of the graphed triangles to the equation of a line