This Simulation on Sri Lanka: Setting the Agenda for Peace activity & project also includes:
Can there be an end to conflict on the island of Sri Lanka? Young peacekeepers explore the decades-old struggle between the three distinct religious groups that call Sri Lanka home in hopes of finding a resolution. The role-play activity focuses on participants researching the conflict and negotiating a peaceful resolution.
- Before beginning, navigate through the official Sri Lankan government peace initiative website with the class to show where things stand in the country today
- If pupils are unfamiliar with the religious groups involved in the conflict, allow additional time for research and discovery
- Arrange time at the library so everyone has enough space, can research online, and can break into groups as needed
- Each role description is detailed and helpful for preparing for the simulation
- The resource makes an excellent end-of-term project