This Sine and Cosine assessment also includes:
What is the complementary relationship between sine and cosine? Using a right triangle, pupils explain why the sine of one acute angle is equal to the cosine of the other. The triangle measurements are given as variables.
3 Views 3 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Conduct a mini-lesson on how to algebraically represent complementary angles using variables
- Ask class members to determine if there is another relationship between trigonometric ratios and complementary angles
- The class should know the definition of sine and cosine
- Includes descriptions and examples of common errors
- Contains questions to help teachers gain a better understanding of student thinking