This Skin Weight—Representing Data lesson plan also includes:
Give me some skin. The lesson plan introduces looking at patterns between two numbers. Pupils complete a chart after finding the weight of a person's skin based upon their weight. The learners graph the data to see patterns in the first section of a two-part unit on data representation.
- Graph the body weight versus skin weight
- The class should know how to make a line graph
- Utilizes learners' weight, which may be a sensitive issue
- Includes an answer key
- Contains a blackline master for graph paper
- The directions on the handout do not match the discussion of the task for graphing the data