This Sleep and Reading assessment also includes:
Does sleeping longer cause lower reading scores? The assessment presents findings of study between amount of sleep and scores on a reading exam. Pupils interpret the correlation coefficient in the context of the study and determine if there is a causal relationship.
- Lead a discussion and have class members provide causal relationships
- The class should understand the meaning of correlation coefficients
- Requires knowledge of the impact of lurking variables
- Provides descriptions of work at different levels of understanding
- Includes suggested instruction to address misconceptions