This Slice of a Cone assessment also includes:
No matter how you slice it, this is an unparalleled resource. Scholars consider the two-dimensional cross section that results from horizontal slices of a cone. They also investigate how the height at which the slice is made affects the cross section.
- Bring in an actual cone to help kinesthetic and visual learners
- Pupils should have experience with cross sections of three-dimensional figures
- Instructors may wish to have the class consider other three-dimensional figures in addition to cones
- Provides a printable worksheet
- Includes instructional implications to correct several different misconceptions
- Sample responses in PDF version of rubric are difficult to read when printed at normal size