"How could we have good memories of something sad?" As part of their study of the events of 9/11, class members listen to a reading of the children's picture book, The Man Who Walked Between the Towers, and then create an "I lost . . .but I remember . . " page for a class memory book.
- Prior to the lesson, inform parents and guardians of the discussion and the approach you will take to the events of 9/11
- Some class members may find the discussion upsetting; therefore, consider how to provide support for them
- The link to the interview with Philippe Petit is broken; however, the interview is available on the Internet
- Requires a copy of Mordicai Gerstein's children's picture book, The Man Who Walked Between the Towers
- The exercise models for young learners how to find good memories in something sad
- Young viewers may find the PBS interview, designed for adults, difficult to follow