This Smart Breakfast activity & project also includes:
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day; unfortunately, millions of children go to school hungry due to lack of breakfast. Let kids help kids through a service learning project that has them collecting breakfast foods and making breakfast bags to give to local organizations.
- Have pupils use another fact sheet to grab ideas and numbers to include in their brochures
- Show the health and hunger video as an introduction to the project
- Use the grade specific instructions to tailor the project as you see fit for the class
- Ask parents to donate some of the materials such as bags, juice boxes, breakfast bars, etc.
- Resource lists a specific date for the project, but can be completed anytime throughout the year
- Promotes involvement in the community
- Makes students aware of child hunger
- Allows for reflection and discussion after participating in the project
- The link to the fact sheet does not work