This Smokey Bear Takes Algebra lesson plan also includes:
Only algebra can stop forest fires. Pupils explore fire danger ratings using mathematical models. They consider the National Fire Danger Rating System (NFDRS), the Angstrom Index, and the Nesterov Index.
13 Views 9 Downloads
- Team up with an environmental science teacher for the lesson
- Resource assumes learners know how to use graphing calculators
- Scholars should have knowledge of linear, quadratic, and exponential models
- Includes worksheets with answers
- Teacher guide provides detailed information for the activity