This Sochi 2014 Mascots lesson plan also includes:
- Lesson Plan
- Join to access all included materials
Get to know the mascots for the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics with this fun, cooperative art activity. Start by introducing the new mascots and comparing them with those form previous years. Consider using a Venn diagram to record comparisons and discuss ideas for why these particular mascots were chosen. Then break the class into small groups, asking each to accurately color the mascot you assign them. These pictures will then be cut into puzzle pieces and given to other groups to reassemble. Use this lesson to teach descriptive language, inviting individuals to write short, illustrative paragraphs about a mascot of their choosing.
- Provides an opportunity for collaboration and the development of group work skills
- Includes ideas for activities that extend learning about Olympic mascots
- Requires the teacher to create large copies of the Sochi Olympic mascots for coloring
- Teacher must adapt the lesson to create academic learning objectives