Familiarize your class with the wide variety of events in the 2014 Sochi Olympic Winter Games. After brainstorming different sports represented in the Winter Olympics, break the class into small groups and assign them specific events to research. After allowing time to gather information, ask young researchers to share their findings with the class. To support the research process, be sure the groups have sufficient access to the Internet and/or books on specific sports.
- The Olympic games are an engaging topic that will keep kids interested in the research process
- Includes a graphic organizer for taking notes on different Olympic events
- Provides activities for extending research about the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics
- Teacher should provide a list of Olympic resources to support successful research
- Assumes the class has prior experience with the research process