This Soil Study lesson plan also includes:
It takes a minimum of 500 years to form one inch of topsoil. Young scientists conduct multiple observations and experiments on three different types of soil. The activity leads class members to a better understanding of pH, water absorption, and erosion.
- Discuss if sand is considered soil and why
- Relies on prior knowledge of pH
- If pH probe isn't available, you can use pH testing strips
- Offers three ideas for extending the lesson
- Lists lab procedures clearly