This Solve Addition Problems: Using Key Vocabulary video also includes:
Being able to identify key words can make all the difference when solving word problems. The first video in this series on problem solving models how to locate specific words that indicate the solution to a question that involves addition. Allow learners to practice this skill for themselves, pausing the video during each example and asking them to locate key words before viewing the instructor's solution. Extend the lesson by brainstorming a list of key terms related to addition and posting it in the classroom to support individuals with problem solving.
- If you aren't logged in to Learnzillion, you will be prompted to create a free account to access all materials for this resource
- Supports students with a brief review of addition
- Solutions to word problems are supported with visual models
- Includes both addition and subtraction word problems to demonstrate the difference between the two
- Additional word problems are needed to provide opportunities for learners to practice the skills taught in the video