This Solve Linear Equations with Rational Numbers Using Mixed Numbers video also includes:
Solving an equation with mixed numbers works just the same as solving without. Learners discover that the steps are the same, but they need to rewrite the mixed number first and follow fraction rules to solve. The video shows the equation can either be cleared of fractions first, or the fractions can be distributed in.
- Use the other videos in the series for more practice with solving equations with different types of rational numbers
- Resource prompts you to sign up with a free login to access the video
- The narrator quickly goes through the steps. Pausing the video at times may help learners follow the steps
- The improper fractions contain larger numbers
- Reviews the rules of mixed numbers at the beginning of the video
- Assign the video using Google Classroom