This Solve Problems Using a Chart video also includes:
A word problem can have a lot of information that needs to be organized. The first video of the series introduces a a field trip where students pay to include lunch, entrance, and a gift shop ticket. Your mathematicians job is to figure out how much the entrance price is when given other pieces of information. This video uses a table to organize the data to find out the missing ticket cost.
- Practice these steps with a second example about changing temperatures
- This video is second in a three-part series that tackles a multi-step word problem, use other videos for more practice
- If you aren't logged in to Learnzillion, you will be prompted to create a free account to access all materials for this resource
- Uses guess-and-check to find ticket and coupon price
- References prior video to set up problem
- Second example does not have as much focus as the first