This Solve Real World Problems by Finding the Area of a Rectangle video also includes:
Young mathematicians learn to apply their understanding of area in real-world contexts with the final video of this series. Multiple examples are presented that demonstrate different situations that involve calculating the area of a rectangle. Consider pausing the video after each problem is introduced, allowing learners a chance to solve them on their own before viewing the solutions. An excellent conclusion to a lesson series on area and a great opportunity to teach learners how to draw pictures as a problem solving strategy.
- If you aren't logged in to Learnzillion, you will be prompted to create a free account to access all materials for this resource
- Supports learners with a brief review of using multiplication to calculate area
- Includes a problem in which the area is given and students must determine the missing side length of a rectangle
- Video is available as a downloadable slide show
- Additional word problems will be necessary to provide practice with calculating area