This Solve Subtraction Problems: Using Number Line video also includes:
Number lines are great visual tools that can be used to teach a wide range of math topics. The final video of this series models how to use number lines when solving subtraction problems using the counting up strategy. Pause the video after each example and encourage learners to share alternative solutions that involve the use of a number line. Use this resource in a unit on subtraction of large numbers and build the number sense of young mathematicians before introducing the standard subtraction algorithm.
- If you aren't logged in to Learnzillion, you will be prompted to create a free account to access all materials for this resource
- Verbal and visual explanations support learners with using number lines to solve subtraction problems
- Examples include subtraction of one-, two-, and three-digit numbers
- Video content is available as a slide show
- Requires an opportunity for learners to practice using number lines to solve subtraction problems