Create a model to help your classes understand the process of solving an equation. By focusing on the properties, learners understand the steps required to solve an equation and when they are appropriate.
39 Views 36 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Use the practice problems as a warm-up review of solving simple equations
- Ask individuals to record the property they use for each step of solving
- Examples begin with complex equations which feature the distributive property and variables on both sides
- The ninth lesson in the series
- References common errors to watch for when teaching this concept
- Practice problems provided do not mirror the examples in the lesson; the examples are much more complex than the one-step equations given for practice