This Solving Quadratic Equations lesson plan also includes:
So many ways to solve quadratic equations—how ever will you choose? Middle schoolers review different methods of solving quadratic equations and analyze when each method would be most efficient. To round out the project, they create visual presentations to highlight learning.
- Use the lesson as a culminating project for a unit on solving quadratic equations
- Activity assumes knowledge of all quadratic equation solving methods
- Depending on available class time, choose to complete either step two or step four rather than completing both
- Hands-on activity keeps pupils engaged in the subject matter
- A variety of project ideas to choose from gives individuals a voice in their own learning
- Activity does not explicitly teach how to solve quadratic equations