This Soñar en Cubano worksheet also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Introduce your class to some literature with an excerpt from Cuban-born American novelist Cristina García's novella Dreaming in Cuban, or Soñar en Cubano. Pupils read the selection and answer a series of questions about the tenses, sequencing of the story, content of the excerpt, and vocabulary before writing a a bit about a personal connection they have to the text. A complex task overall, which asks individuals to understand and analyze a text.
- Could be appropriate for a class for native speakers
- Pupils use their knowledge of Spanish to read closely and respond in a variety of complex ways
- Could be used as an assessment, partner assignment, or individual assignment
- You might need to play with the formatting of the document before printing