This Song of the Trees worksheet also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Support a class reading of the novel Song of Trees by Mildred D. Taylor with this reading comprehension handout. Focusing on helping young readers to make predictions and inferences, ask questions, and visualize the story, this simple resource would make an excellent nightly homework assignment during this literature unit. Copy these two worksheets back-to-back, folding the resulting pages into thirds to make pamphlets learners can use as a bookmark while they read through the story.
- Each section of the worksheet includes the corresponding page numbers
- Worksheet asks students to support their inferences, predictions, and answers with details from the text
- Explanations of each reading comprehension strategy are provided on the worksheet
- Worksheets do not provide much space for answering questions
- Supplemental instruction may be required to support learners with understanding the reading comprehension strategies included in the worksheet