Similar to the previous lesson in a series on songwriting, this resource focuses on how to find and develop a personal voice in lyrics. Class members examine Demi Lovato's "This is Me (Gotta Find You)" and note lyrics that sound like the songwriter's true voice. Then using a loop-writing process, individuals develop their own authentic lyrics. The eighth in a series of nine songwriting exercises.
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- To gain extra practice with this difficult concept, class members repeat the previous lesson with a different song model
- The detailed plan includes the complete lyrics and all worksheets
- An acoustic version Lovato performing her song is available on YouTube
- Because teens tend to have very strong opinions about recording artists and music genres, it is important to create a respectful classroom environment where individual preferences can be expressed and accepted