Miley Cyrus' "Driveway" provides young lyricists with an opportunity to identify figurative language in songs. After a guided practice exercise, individuals use the provided worksheets to find examples in the song and to add images to more literal lines. They then apply what they have learned to their own lyrics.
- Because teens tend to have very strong opinions about recording artists and music genres, it is important to create a respectful classroom environment where individual preferences can be expressed and accepted
- Carefully consider this artist's current reputation and whether she is appropriate for your classroom
- The fifth in a series of nine lessons that build on one another
- The lyrics to the song and all the worksheets are included in the resource
- The series of lessons would work best if used in order