What would our world look like if we could see sound waves? The simulation shows sound waves in a variety of applications. Scholars adjust the frequency, volume, and location of the listener to understand how to determine the speed, frequency, period, and wavelength of a model.
- Use an Annoy-a-tron or similar device to see if students can find where the sound is coming from
- Bring in a frequency meter or a music tuner to better illustrate the concept of frequency
- Requires Java 1.5.0_15 or later on Windows and Linus and Java 1.5.0_19 or later on Macs
- Learners of many nationalities can use the resource, as it translates into more than 40 languages
- Includes 24 teacher-created ideas and lessons that use the simulation