Start a 10-Day Free Trial to Unlock the Full Review
Why Lesson Planet?
Find quality lesson planning resources, fast!
Share & remix collections to collaborate.
Organize your curriculum with collections. Easy!
Have time to be more creative & energetic with your students!
Challenge your class's understanding of length measurement with a fun collaborative learning activity. Using the spinner provided on this activity, children take turns estimating and measuring the length of different classroom objects.
47 Views 40 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Supplement this resource into a primary lesson series on length measurement
- Extend learning by asking students to determine the difference between their estimates and the actual measurements they make
- Each child will need a paper-clip and either a ruler, yard stick, or tape measure for this assignment
- Use card stock paper for copies so that the spinner is sturdy
- Be sure your classroom has objects whose lengths are equal to those listed on the spinner
- Spinner includes 8 different measurements that range from 2 to 100 inches
- Worksheet offers a neatly organized table for recording student work