This Sports: Fitness Gadget Commercial lesson plan also includes:
Having the right equipment makes sports more enjoyable. An engaging project challenges pupils to write a commercial for wristwear, eyewear, headwear, or footwear using the Scratch block-based coding language. By completing the activity, they learn about modularity in computer science—the idea of incorporating several components into one project.
- Invite a marketing specialist to talk about the profession
- Scholars should be familiar with events and sequencing in computer science
- Prior experience with Scratch is necessary
- Lesson is the fourth of eight installments in the CS First Sports unit
- Includes example projects to peruse
- Provides a pacing guide (agenda) to keep the class on track