This Spreadsheets and Budgets lesson plan also includes:
Where does all the money go? Given a living scenario, learners research jobs and costs for expenses. Class members use the information to create a monthly budget. They enter their information into a spreadsheet and use the spreadsheet to construct a pie chart showing how they spent the money—a great economics skill for all!
- Spend some time discussing budgets and what students should include in one
- The budget includes tithing, which may or may not be appropriate for the class
- Individuals should know how to use a spreadsheet
- Includes an example of a completed project
- Provides a worksheet to help class members organizer their information