This Starting a Skateboard Business activity & project also includes:
Dude, let's start a skateboard business! A Maryland CCRG Algebra Task Project pits groups against each other to create and investigate a business model for a new skateboard business using systems of linear equations. The resource also distinguishes between continuous and discrete variables.
- Have the contest be about which group is able to model equations with the greatest profit (i.e., the mathematics in the project) rather than about the best presentation
- Requires access to a graphing calculator
- Learners should be comfortable writing linear equations
- A lesson guide, worksheet, and possible answer key are provided in the resource
- Relates math to a real-world scenario — starting a new business
- Link to the website for the Discovery Education video is not a direct link