This States of Matter: Basics interactive also includes:
- Teacher Reference
- Join to access all included materials
There are 16 types of water ice that are made at varying temperatures and pressures, which change the structure of their crystals. Participants see how atoms and molecules change state of matter when heat and cold are added to a system. They see the same in the phase change tab, only users are also allowed to manipulate the volume of the container to see these effects as well.
- Can be used in a number of places — when teaching states of matter, when teaching atoms, when teaching gas laws, etc.
- When teacher registers for a free account, they gain access to teacher tips, lessons, activities, and resources related to states of matter as well as other topics
- Simulation comes in a variety of languages
- Simulation is simple and easy to use for upper elementary and middle school learners
- High-quality graphics help make concepts clear