This Step Functions video also includes:
Step up to learn about the step function! Viewers learn the definition of the step function, or greatest integer function, and use it to determine specific values of the function in the concept video. Three problem videos cover graphing the step function, applying transformations to the step function and modeling verbal situations with the step function.
- Use the video to introduce step functions
- As a prerequisite, viewers need to understand the difference between open and closed circles
- Viewers also need to know about the set of integers
- Problem videos progress in difficulty
- Video includes grammatical errors in speech