This Story and Place: Lessons from Australian Aboriginal Storytelling lesson plan also includes:
- Teacher Reference
- Join to access all included materials
Class members investigate Australian Aboriginal culture thought traditional stories and then create their own dreaming tales using specific details that create a sense of time and place.
1 Collection 121 Views 85 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Instructors must gather their own maps, pictures, stories, videos, books, etc.
- Materials are available from the Australian Museum Online
- Preview films like Art + Soul, Bungalung: A Dreaming of Cannibals, Crocodile Dreaming, and Dog Dreaming to determine the suitability for your classroom
- Of particular value is the background information on Aboriginal culture and beliefs
- The activities combine history, geography, and language arts concepts
- The packet includes engaging activities; however, no recommendations for specific stories or videos is included