Start a 10-Day Free Trial to Unlock the Full Review
Why Lesson Planet?
Find quality lesson planning resources, fast!
Share & remix collections to collaborate.
Organize your curriculum with collections. Easy!
Have time to be more creative & energetic with your students!
Class members investigate Australian Aboriginal culture thought traditional stories and then create their own dreaming tales using specific details that create a sense of time and place.
103 Views 73 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Instructors must gather their own maps, pictures, stories, videos, books, etc.
- Materials are available from the Australian Museum Online
- Preview films like Art + Soul, Bungalung: A Dreaming of Cannibals, Crocodile Dreaming, and Dog Dreaming to determine the suitability for your classroom
- Of particular value is the background information on Aboriginal culture and beliefs
- The activities combine history, geography, and language arts concepts
- The packet includes engaging activities; however, no recommendations for specific stories or videos is included